This Valentine’s week is a special edition gift guide dedicated to self-love.
If taking time to celebrate yourself and nurture your needs is difficult for you, you might just need a little preparation and a plan of action so to speak. 🙂 Make it super easy to step into the self-love mindset by having all that you need, ready to go, in one easy, accessible spot.
So, I have put together a list of my favorite self-love kits (and a quick few tips on creating your own). And some are super sexy, just in time for Valentine’s Day! 💋
This 4-piece kit by Wildling will definitely help you get your energy moving. This company is dedicated to using ingredients that are certified organic and wild harvested whenever possible and sustainable materials.
The Aura Collection includes two oils, a dry brush and a gua sha tool made 100% sustainably sourced Bian Stone. They are designed to use in conjunction with one another to stimulate lymph flow, release muscle tension, and smooth rippled skin.
Yep, this is the ultimate self-love set – a pair of sleek and sexy vibrators. (gasp!) Let’s be real: as the old joke goes, 98% of people masturbate, and the other 2% are lying. 😉 We’ll never know for sure just how many people are actually feeling themselves literally, but according to the NY Post about 84% of Americans admit to self pleasuring.
So ditch any judgment, and embrace the benefits of masturbation. And there are plenty – like better sleep, stress relief, a blissful boost of serotonin, dopamine and oxygen to your brain, and increased blood flow. Not to mention, this surprisingly mindful activity will teach you what your body needs to release, leading to more confident and satisfying sex sessions with partners too!
The Le Wand Little Pleasures Set includes two rechargeable vibrators small enough for travel and a removable textured silicone sleeve and ring for added pleasure. These petite and powerful tools are a best seller and were even featured in Oprah Magazine. And well, if Oprah is down, then so am I!
Dame Products also offers a half a dozen vibrators sets for everyone from self-pleasure newbies to couples to singles who like a lot of variety without having to buy a ton of toys.
For a cheeky night in, this adorable kit from Ella Paradis (who recently collaborated with Lily Allen on her Womanizer Liberty vibrator) includes a heart-shaped massager vibrator, 2 bottles of body oil for a sensual massage, 1 Sweet Orgasm Candle to set the mood and 2 bath bombs to relax after you clear your body and mind of the toxins from any bad breakup. 😉
If you want to combine massage and stimulation, this Revitalize set by Rose is designed to help you pinpoint areas of the body that are holding tension – whether chaste or erotic. You can use it solo or with a partner, and it comes with three silicone attachments to mix up the texture and pressure. (It’s available in Blue and Periwinkle.)
If a relaxing soak is more your speed, this botanical spa kit is a great option. It includes a milk bath, a foot soak, a clay mask, scented candles and organic rose petals for a romantic night in. You can even customize the scents to match your favorite aromatherapy.
For my metaphysical ladies, Spirit Daughter offers an array of crystal kits to help you refocus your energy, enhance your meditation practice and detox your environment of bad mojo. You can choose from small sets specific to your Sun sign, selections to help you survive Mercury Retrograde (which is happening now until February 20th) or give as gifts to your loved ones in need of a little centering.
This self-massage kit was inspired by the Ayurvedic practice of Abhyanga and is designed to help you ground your spirit and calm your mind. The warming sesame oil is scented with cinnamon and clove to give you that cozy feeling of curling up in a fuzzy blanket and sipping a hot beverage.
Each kit also includes an affirmation card and journal with lots of space for you to reflect each time you practice this stabilizing ritual.
If none of these goodies are the right fit for you, it’s super easy to curate your own self-love kit. Simply gather together your favorite tools for “you time” and put them in a special box or bag.
Here are a few things you can include in your kit:
- Bubble bath (or Epsom salts)
- Face mask – either one you pop in the fridge or a clay mask
- Foot or body scrub
- Essential oils
- Make a playlist of songs that make you feel good
- Workout videos
- Yoga Mat
- Singing bowl or tongue drum
- Gratitude Journal
- Favorite Tea or Coffee
- Art supplies
And then make sure this kit has pride of place in your home, so you can find it when you need it and ensure your self-love and care is a priority.
Do you already have a self-love kit put together? Let me know what you’ve included by posting in The Badass Beauty Club, and join me every Friday at 9AM for a Facebook LIVE discussion.
LOVE + self care!