Hello, my effervescent Plante Lifers!
This month’s full moon is traditionally called the Flower Moon, which shouldn’t be surprising given the old adage, “April showers bring May flowers.” We already know that the planet is in bloom and this Saturday, May 18th, it will shine its light on all of nature’s splendor, including us.
To make it extra special, this Flower Moon is also a Seasonal Blue Moon. Blue not because of its color in the night’s sky, but because there is an extra full moon this Spring. This celestial event only happens once every two to three years, making is a rare occurrence, and hence the phrase, “Once in a Blue Moon”.
So to celebrate this other-worldly event, I’ve pulled some of my favorite healthy cocktail recipes that include the season’s best fruits and flavors. Round up your girlfriends for a heavenly happy hour!
Before we dive into the delicious, let’s discuss the divine. 😉 You probably know how much I appreciate and encourage rituals, and the full moon is a great time to tap into the power of the Universe to manifest abundance, grace and empowerment. Click here for my tips for Full Moon manifesting, and add another layer to your get-together.
Let’s get started with a few simple sexy sippers:
3-4 ounces of rose vino + 3 ounces club soda + squeeze of lime
Sugar Free Mojito
Tall club soda + 1 shot rum + muddled mint + a few squeezes of fresh lime
Tall club soda + 1 shot tequila + a few squeezes of fresh lime & orange
Now, here are some bubbly beverages to share:
Pineapple and Cucumber Gin and Tonic
(recipe created by of mixologist Natalie Migliarini)
(Makes 2 servings)
- 3 ounces of Gin
- 6 slices of cucumber plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces of pineapple juice
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- Tonic water
- 1 cup of ice
- Fill a metal shaker with gin, cucumber slices, pineapple juice, lime juice, and ½ cup of ice.
- Shake mixture for 20 seconds
- Divide remaining ice between 2 serving glasses
- Divide mixture into serving glass
- Garnish with cucumber slices
Meyer Lemon + Mint Lemonade
(Makes 1 serving, multiply the recipe for more)
- 1 ounce/shot of organic high-quality Vodka or Tequila (for a super skinny Cinco de Mayo marg!)
- 6-8 ounces of sparkling water
- a small handful of mint leaves, muddled (or cilantro or basil, my other favs!)
- Juice of 1 ripe Meyer lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons organic maple syrup (but only if you really need it!)
- Juice lemon and remove any seeds.
- Combine lemon juice + mint (cilantro or basil) + vodka + maple syrup, if needed, with the sparkling water.
- Pour over ice and garnish with fresh mint/cilantro/basil leaves.
Optional: Feel free to add other citrus fruits like ruby red grapefruit. Muddled berries or cucumber are delicious too.
Which tasty beverage will you be trying first? Let me know in the comments. And take a snap of your Blue Moon Happy Hour and share it on Instagram. Be sure to tag @theplantelife, so I can toast with you!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment